14 oz fresh skinless salmon fillet
2 cups refrigerated mashed sour cream and chive mashed potatoes
1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
3 tbsp snipped fresh dill
Honey Dijon salad dressing or sour cream for dipping
1. Rinse off and dry the salmon fillet.
2. Put the salmon fillet in a 2-quart microwave safe dish.
3. Place saran wrap over the dish and vent the corner. Microwave on high 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 minutes until the salmon easily flakes.
4. Break up the salmon and place it in a medium mixing bowl. Add the potatoes, dill, and bread crumbs. Mix well.
5. Heat a skillet coated with olive oil over medium high heat.
6. Form 3 1/2 inch patties out of the salmon mixture. Put them in the skillet and cook them on each side until they are browned and heated through.
7. Serve with sour cream or honey dijon salad dressing for dipping.
This meal is great served with broccoli and corn on the cob. If it's summer and fresh tomatoes are in, I can't imagine anything better! Now, as to what to do with the left overs? If you are willing to zap out all of the nutritional benefits of this meal in favor of something totally awesome, crumble and then heat one of the patties and put it in a soft shell burrito roll. Add a little salsa, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and cheese, and you have nice little lunch! In fact, I'm going to fix mine now! Enjoy!!
Rinsing the salmon
Checking to see if the salmon is done
All of the ingredients mixed together
Cooking the salmon until brown on both sides
The finished product!